Have you conisdered becoming a Trustee or a Non Executive Director?
If you have we know charities (and social enterprises) that may value your help and support! Get in touch. 0121 667 6810 – email@example.com
If you haven’t then have a quick read below and see if you may be interested.
There are many benefits to becoming a trustee or non executive director of a charity or social enterprise, apart from helping a good cause in a leaderhsip role you may also:
- Develop and refine your skills at a strategic level
- Enhance your CV
- Put your skills to good use and learn new skills
- Support a cause that is close to your heart or that of someone close to you
- Meet new and interesting people from all walks of life
If you are employed by a large company or public sector organisation then they may well have a corporate volunteer policy that could mean paid release whilst undertaking trustee duties so it may be easier than you think.
If you are unemployed then you may be able to develop your skills and enhance your CV.
All trustees and non executive directors are unpaid (volunteer) positions, but you will not be out of pocket, all exxpenses can be claimed.
Charities are looking for all sorts of skilled people to support them on their boards, but we’ve noted a particualr shortfall in:
- People with commercial enterprise skills,
- Business planning and monitoring,
- Legal and para legal,
- Marketing and Communications,
- Property management
- Information and Coomunication Technology.
So if you want to make a difference then please do get in touch and we’ll help match you with a goood cause. 0121 667 6810 firstname.lastname@example.org