Development in Social Enterprise (DISE) is a specialist social enterprise consultancy which provides bespoke business, enterprise and development support to Voluntary, Community and the Social Enterprise sectors (VCSE).
DISE was established in March 2011, in direct response to budget cuts, service realignment and austerity measures, causing the business support environment for civil society organisations to erode at a time of great need.
Our mission is simple: do good business and create social value.
100% of our profit is reinvested in achieving this mission and helping our customers succeed.Download our Prospectus
Our timeline so far
- 2011 (March) – Founded
- 2012 (January) – Secured contract to deliver the Solihull Community Enterprise for Success Programme
- 2012 (September) Premier Members of Social Enterprise West Midlands
- 2013 (January) Achieved Approved Provider Status for Big Assist Programme
- 2013 (January) Renewed Contract to deliver Solihull Community Enterprise for Success Programme
- 2013 (April) Lead business support agency for The Bank of Mighty Creatives
- 2013 (October) Shortlisted for RBS (now Natwest) Trailblazing Newcomer of the Year Award
- 2014 (January) Renewed Contract to deliver Solihull Community Enterprise for Success Programme
- 2015 (October) selected to deliver Ready for Success business support programme
- 2015 (November) Our CEO wins West Midlands “Highly Commended Business Support Professional” of the year Award
- 2015 (May) Established our charity Social Enterprise Development Foundation CIO
- 2016 (January) Achieved “Preferred Supplier” status for the Cooperatives new business support programme The Hive
- 2016 (March) Completed 23 Big Assist Consultancy Projects with a customer satisfaction rating of 4.7/5.
- 2016 (June) Became a recognised Social Enterprise UK Member
- 2016 (November) Secured a tender to deliver the Community Enterprise for Success project for a further two and a half years.
- 2016 (December) Achieved Bright Ideas approved support provider status, through the Cooperative Hive
- 2017 (March) Our CEO invited to number 10 Downing Street to celebrate the Civil Sector in the West Midlands
What’s Next? Watch this space!