Development in Social Enterprise (DISE) is a specialist social enterprise consultancy which provides bespoke business, enterprise and development support to Voluntary, Community and the Social Enterprise sectors (VCSE).
DISE was established in March 2011, in direct response to budget cuts, service realignment and austerity measures, causing the business support environment for civil society organisations to erode at a time of great need.
Our mission is simple: do good business and create social value.
100% of our profit is reinvested in achieving this mission and helping our customers succeed.Download our Prospectus
Our timeline reverse order
- 2021 Saw our sector support work increase after severe disruption during the Covid 19 pandemic.
- 2020 September Awarded Best Social Enterprise Support Organisation – Midlands Enterprise Awards
- 2020 Covid 19 pandemic, lockdowns affected our sector and our work. We actively campaigned locally and nationally for improved sector support.
- 2019 March Listed in the SE100 Index Top 100
- 2019 February Renewed approved provider status for The Cooperative Hive
- 2018 Re-elected to the Voluntary and Community Sector Reference Group a conduit for good communication between the voluntary sector and Solihull Council.
- 2018 Continued delivery of the Community Enterprise for Success project in Solihull supporting more than 50 VCSEs to become stronger and more sustainable.
- 2018 Helped to secure £150,000 social finance to establish Chelmund’s Fish and Chip Shop, believed to be the first and only community owned fish and chip shop in the country.
- 2017 (March) Our CEO invited to number 10 Downing Street to celebrate the Civil Sector in the West Midlands.
- 2016 (December) Achieved Bright Ideas approved support provider status, through the Cooperative Hive.
- 2016 (November) Secured a tender to deliver the Community Enterprise for Success project for a further two and a half years.
- 2016 (June) Became a recognised Social Enterprise UK Member
- 2016 (March) Completed 23 Big Assist Consultancy Projects with a customer satisfaction rating of 4.7/5.
- 2016 (January) Achieved “Preferred Supplier” status for the Cooperatives new business support programme The Hive
- 2015 (May) Established our charity Social Enterprise Development Foundation CIO
- 2015 (November) Our CEO wins West Midlands “Highly Commended Business Support Professional” of the year Award
- 2015 (October) Selected to deliver Ready for Success business support programme
- 2014 (January) Renewed Contract to deliver Solihull Community Enterprise for Success Programme
- 2013 (October) Shortlisted for RBS (now Natwest) Trailblazing Newcomer of the Year Award
- 2013 (April) Lead business support agency for The Bank of Mighty Creatives
- 2013 (January) Renewed Contract to deliver Solihull Community Enterprise for Success Programme
- 2013 (January) Achieved Approved Provider Status for Big Assist Programme
- 2012 (September) Premier Members of Social Enterprise West Midlands
- 2012 (January) – Secured contract to deliver the Solihull Community Enterprise for Success Programme
- 2011 (March) – Founded