Development in Social Enterprise deliver business support under several funded programmes and schemes
Your organisation may be eligible to access our services through one of these routes.
Investment Readiness (Reach Fund)
Working alongside social investment organisations (access points) we provide high level business development consultancy to help your organisation become investment ready. Work often involves:
- Strengthening financial systems and processes
- Developing robust financial forecast
- Market intelligence and analysis
- Impact measurement and monitoring
- Business and strategic planning
- Board development
We’re currently working with five organisations in the West Midlands to ensure they are ready and able to take on social finance (repayable investment). As this work is ongoing it is confidential but we will be providing more information in case studies in the near future.
See more about the Reach Fund
The Cooperative Hive
Covid-19. The Hive Assist programme has been launched to help cooperatives in these challenging times. You need a referral from a Hive provider (we are get in touch). To be eligible you need to have been trading for at least 2 years and have a turnover of less than £1m. See more.
For Cooperatives and community businesses – starting up, growing and sustaining. As an approved support provider we are delighted to announce the new process is LIVE!
There are now 3 simple pathways:
- Start‑up groups and recently incorporated co‑operatives >
- Existing co‑operatives looking to grow and develop >
- Businesses looking to convert to co‑operative or community ownership >
What support is available?
The Hive now offers a bespoke package of support which includes some or all of the following:
- Up to eight days of direct one-to-one advice with an expert co-operative adviser.
- One skills training session delivered in-house.
- Up to three days peer mentoring from an experienced co-operative.
Who can apply?
Applicants will need to be able to meet the new eligibility criteria.
Groups and co-operatives who have applied to The Hive before are welcome to apply again provided they meet the new eligibility criteria.
Is a fund of up to £20,000 plus a funded adviser to get your bright idea started or help it to grow. As a Cooperative Hive support provider we are also registered as approved Bright Ideas support providers. Want to know more? then see the my community website
Need help? Get in touch – 0121 667 6810, email@example.com
Read about some of the the clients we’ve supported as part of the above programmes in our Case Studies section.