A quick post before we sign off for the Christmas break.
Are you a social venture that aims to seek investment or new contracts? Would improving and demonstrating your social impact help you to get there?
If the answer’s yes then you may want to have a look at the (time-limited) Social Investment Business (SIB) Impact Readiness Fund http://www.sibgroup.org.uk/impactready/criteria/
You’ll need to work with an “approved provider” (we know a few and can help here too) and meet the qualification criteria below.
- Organisations must be social ventures that tackle social problems, are financially sustainable and want to scale up (this includes registered charities, social enterprises, companies limited by guarantee with charitable aims, Community Interest Companies, mutuals).
- Must be based in England and this funding must support only work that will be done in England
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to securing investment (not grant finance), or to delivering public or private sector contracts
- Have a strong track record of delivery
- Provide clear and specific plans to build their ability to articulate their impact and to raise investment / win contracts. Applications must outline specific milestones and outcomes that will be achieved as a result of the grant
- Applications should be for a new project or significant additional activities that meet the above aims
- Applicants will be required to address the following in their grant applications: theory of change, beneficiaries, wider impact
- Able to complete work plan within a maximum period of three months
Good luck and Merry Christmas!